1.07.2011

A little rearranging

For the past six years my room has look exactly the same. Every piece of furniture has held it's same position. In my boredom and desire for change I decided to rearrange the entire thing last night. It turned out to be a hilarious family affair but it provoked some thinking. What do things look like when you take a moment to view a different perspective?
I've been sifting through ideas for graduate school and it has got my mind stirring. I think so often we limited ourselves and our minds only to what we think is achievable. We won't risk anything so that we don't have to worry about losing anything. But how can we ever gain anything if we don't risk something. We spend so long looking at the world in our narrow mindedness that we miss out on what could be incredible.  
So what happens when we rearrange things? There is a potential far beyond our ability to comprehend for our lives. But you have to be willing to have faith in what God can do and not what you can do. I don't want to be someone who has a list longer of what could have been verses what did happen. If that means taking some risks, well I guess it's time to rearrange.

1 comment:

  1. Ask God, and he will lead you.
    I am working on my second master now, and I am loving it.
    Have a great weekend, Scyree
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete